So, there are two questions that need answering:
1 – who am I?
Simple Answer – I am Andrew Pagett, IT Technical Director at grandCARE UK.
Complicated Answer – As per above, with a little more detail really. I am responsible for a number of things here at grandCARE UK, but it boils down to looking after IT within the business, that means all the infrastructure for computing and telephony. I am also responsible for putting together the code that drives the main grandCARE product; working closely with our colleagues at grandCARE systems in the US. In so doing I am looking to improve the product in a number of simple ways:
- Improving the user experience of the product, both on device and on the main grandCARE manage website. Where possible making the interfaces easier to use and more reliable.
- Improving the capabilities of the product. To most people that means new features, more peripherals and more integrations, and guess what, that is a fairly good summary.
- Improving the code security, reliability, maintainability – all those things good software engineering looks to drive. This is something that is a passion of mine.
For those of you who want to know more about me and my career path that has bought me to grandCARE, may I point you at LinkedIn, I apologise in advance for the photograph!
2 – why does this blog exist?
A couple of reasons:
- Because it can. That is I have set this up because I can … I run the technology that looks after our website, so I am exploiting some of its features.
- So that I can share information, stories, tips and tricks and others with people like you. You never know, you may find something useful in my random musing.
So, this being the case, I will be looking to add blogs on a fairly regular basis, time permitting of course, that covers topics that are hopefully of interest.